Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- • 2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- • 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- • 1 cup milk
- • 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- • 1 egg
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- • Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.