Budapest Coffee Cake
- 1 lb. chocolate
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain yogurt (I use Greek)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp good cocoa
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp hot milk (or more)
- Melt chocolate and set aside. Cream butter and sugar in mixed. Add eggs one at a time. Stir chocolate in. Add flour in 3 additions alternatively with the yogurt (flour, fogurt, flour, yogurt, flour). Mix just until combined.
- Mix the filling on a separate bowl.
- In a greased Bundt pan place a thin layer of the batter, then half the filling, then batter, then the rest of the filling, then the remaining batter. Bake at 350F for one hour.
- You can ice one of two ways: If you ice the hot cake immediately make the icing thicker and it'll melt over the cake from the hear. If you ice later make it thinner so it drizzles all over the cake. Whichever method you use, make a LOT of icing.
Whipped cream is a must with this cake. Ma nishtana?