Butter Herb Shrimp in Pancetta Tomato Sauce
- Large Shrimp-Uncooked 20-30
- Diced Pancetta 1-2 Cups
- Cherry Tomatoes 1 Cup
- Butter 1 Stick
- White Wine 1 Cup
- Lemon ½
- Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
- Parsley TT
- Chives TT
- Shallot TT
- Garlic TT
- Hot Sauce TT
- Worcestershire Sauce TT
- French Bread/or Ciabatta
- *TT-To Taste
- I start with chopping all of the herbs, garlic, shallots, lemon, and cutting the tomatoes in half, you don’t have to but I like it that way!
- In a large sauté pan cook the pancetta until crispy-remove.
- Add olive oil and shrimp to pan and cook just until cooked through-remove.
- Sautee garlic and shallots and cook over moderate heat until slightly caramelized.
- Add tomatoes and half of the fresh herbs, toss it all around and then add the white wine, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce by half and add the lemon juice from half of a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter, I use a stick, but you can use less if you do not want it super buttery. Add back in the shrimp and pancetta and continue to cook emulsifying the butter.
- Serve with fresh toasted bread to soak up all the yumminess! I use French Artisan bread, coat it in butter, garlic salt and parsley and toast it up!