Real Easy Rye Bead
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water (110-120)
- 2 1/3 cups King Arthur unbleached bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups ryeflour
- 1/4 cups nonfat dry milk
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 envelope instant yeast
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl and mix at low speed until no dry spots using bough hook.
- Cover bowl and let rise at room temperature for 2 hours. Refrigerate overnight
- To bake: shape dough into a ball and place in a flour-dusted bowl for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven at 450F and put your Dutch Oven (I use Le Crueset) to hear in it, covered and empty, for an hour.
- Take the Dutch oven out and spray Pam on it. Place dough in the hot Dutch oven. I slit is three times. Cover and put in oven for 25 minutes. remove cover and let bake another 10 minutes.
- Let bread cool before slicing.