- 1 chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 preserved lemons, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ras-al-hanout (Moroccan spice mix you can buy online at Amazon)
- 2 onions sliced
- 2/3 cup green olives
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the marinade: Combine all ingredients up to and including ras-al-hanout. Marinade the chicken in the mixture overnight.
- Brown the chicken in a little olive oil on all sides. Place in a Dutch oven. Sautee the onions until caramelized in the same skillet; add oil if needed. Put everything in the Dutch oven including the marinade. Bake at 325F 2 hours.